Using Culture to Gain a Competitive Advantage
Many things can give you a short-term competitive advantage. Unfortunately, once your competition learns (and they will learn) to replicate them you’ve lost your edge. Products, processes, prices, and promotions are all under this category. Corporate culture, however, can’t be replicated and it will give you a long-term competitive advantage.
Does your corporate culture help you:
- Innovate to stay on the leading edge in your industry?
- Develop, Attract, and Retain Top Performers?
- Cultivate loyal customers?
Join Ben Kimbrell and Andrew Shaffer to hear their success stories and proven strategies for creating a culture that helps you THRIVE.
Sponsored by: Global Harvest Networks and Andrew Shaffer Consulting
When: Tuesday, October 22nd
Networking and Registration: 8am-8:30am
Session Time: 8:30am-9:45am
Where: Meade Tech Hub
2288 Blue Water Boulevard, Odenton, MD
Register by Completing the Form Below
MEET THE PRESENTERS
Ben KimbrellBen Kimbrell has led a technology consulting firm,
Andrew ShafferAndrew Shaffer has a long history of leading and
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
C-Level executives and managers who are concerned about:
- Difficulty meeting deadlines and goals
- Flat or decreasing revenue or profits
- Increases or unacceptable product quality issues (rework, increased defects, customer complaints, returns, fewer repeat orders, etc.)
- Employee turnover or absenteeism
Register by Completing the Form
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions